Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Thursday, February 22, 2007

Big Ene Problem. Boo.

First, a hello, and a thank you to Tipper for sending me the invitation!

Now, the business - I am very close to the end of Ene....and I am running out of yarn! I am about halfway through the last repeat of Chart 3, so I still I have half of that left and all of Chart 4, and this is what I am working with:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I am using the recommended Blackberry Ridge laceweight. (And do not know the dyelot - lesson learned...hopefully what I get will not be too drastically different.) I am baffled as to how this has happened. This is the first lace I have ever done - am I discovering that I am a loose lace knitter? Ususally my gauge is pretty spot-on, and I haven't wasted any of the yarn ripping out, etc.

I realize there's not much anyone can tell me that will really fix the problem. Maybe I just needed to share with people who would feel my pain :)

7 Comments:

  • At 8:59 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I'm sorry that I don't have the yarn to give you to help you finish. I did want to mention that being a tight knitter uses more yarn than being a loose knitter. More stitches to the inch uses more yarn. Again, really sorry. Hope that someone can help you out.

     
  • At 10:49 AM, Blogger Terri Lynn said…

    What a hassle, but you could frog and start over with a smaller needle, I am sure you know? It will surely be worth the time and once blocked, it will be gorgeous. I encourage you onward! God Bless!

     
  • At 12:22 PM, Blogger Stephanie said…

    how aggravating, that's happened to me with projects too! I hope the yarn you're getting in the mail stays uniform to the rest of the piece. that color looks really beautiful, I never thought of using a dark color for Ene.

     
  • At 9:16 AM, Blogger Jenny said…

    Oh, that's too bad! I just started the last repeat of the repeated chart (3? 4?) and I have a ball of yarn left that's about 1 1 1/2 to 2 inches in diameter. I'm a little nervous! It's frustrating to have to get another skein for so little yarn.

    Hope your new yarn is a perfect match!

     
  • At 11:20 PM, Blogger Ruby said…

    Thanks for the comments, everyone...jocelyn, I hadn't realized tight knitting would use up more yarn - i don't think i really understand that still, as i am not knitting extra rows in order to meet specific measurements, but it is something to ponder - i'm sure when i get it it will seem painfully obvious.
    teri lynn, i admire your patience, but i do not see myself frogging this entire thing - i am probably less than two hours away from finishing once i have my yarn, and could not bear to start over. i'm just ordering one more skein and hoping for the best. it is really frustrating mainly because it is in the recommended yarn. ah well.

     
  • At 12:32 AM, Blogger whimsymoon said…

    I don't know what kind of yarn you are using (cotton, synth etc.), but once you get more yarn, if it doesn't match exactly, you could consider over-dying it.
    I just hope that your new yarn matches!!!

     
  • At 4:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Curious - how did it work out?

    I'm finishing chart 2 of Ene and my first skein is pretty small. I didn't buy three skeins, but maybe I should have!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home