Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

New Member with Turtleneck Shrug

Hello everybody, I'm new to the group and I'm very glad to be a part of such a great knitting community. Many thanks to Tipper for inviting me.

In november 2006 I knitted the Turtleneck Shrug which was my very favourite pattern out of the wonderful book Scarf Style. I used "Pashmina" from Lana Grossa in a warm shade of orange which was a pleasure to work with. In the front of the shrug I worked the decreases in every fourth row, in the back I didn't work any decreases because of my wide shoulders.

I like to wear this shrug in public. It is cosy and warm and: it is really a different garment.

Recently I finished Lady Eleonore, too. Pictures will follow in a few days.

If you like to have a look at my knitting blog then you may click here. I'm looking forward to your comments.
Keep on knitting! Greetings from Germany, Susanne

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 12:45 PM, Blogger Terri Lynn said…

    Wow! I love the color! I also love your blog! I am glad you informed us of how you made it fit. I too have wide shoulders and now know how to "fix" it.

     
  • At 9:50 AM, Blogger Angelikas quilts and knits said…

    Great work ! Maybe I should knit one more :-)
    I like Your blog !

     

Post a Comment

<< Home