Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Sunday, February 25, 2007

Decisions, Decisions...

Calling all soapboxes!


I need people to hold out for their favorite color - I am starting the Here and There Cables, which I just love, but I cannot for the life of me choose which color I want to continue the scarf in. Both colors match my coat well. The first is Reynolds Odyssey 404, lavender/sage, and the second is 408, the green mix featured in the book. (Sidetrack - it really bugs me how the photos in the book are so out of focus! I know it's artistic, but it isn't very helpful.)


I'd love to hear your thoughts, if you have any; I'm so bad at decisions like this! I love the brightness of the green, it really is a much more striking color; but I love the subtlety of the lavender so much...it's too bad it doesn't pop in the same way. You are welcome to come over to my blog for more pics at Xanga

Labels:

17 Comments:

  • At 11:46 AM, Blogger blueadt said…

    I vote for the purple.

     
  • At 12:20 PM, Blogger Bets said…

    I'm drawn to the purple :)

     
  • At 4:01 PM, Blogger ScrapbookGallery said…

    how about doing sections of each color in one scarf? then you don't have to choose...

     
  • At 4:05 PM, Blogger Birgitte said…

    I fancy the green one although I've never been really fond of green.

     
  • At 4:36 PM, Blogger Stephanie said…

    the colors in the lavender one are so much more appealing to me

     
  • At 4:48 PM, Blogger Rose Red said…

    I vote for green (although both are lovely!)

     
  • At 4:54 PM, Blogger whimsymoon said…

    Lavender gets my vote...I love the subtleness of it's colorway!

     
  • At 7:08 PM, Blogger Teal said…

    I vote for the purple.

     
  • At 8:05 PM, Blogger Lora said…

    I'm diggin' the green :)

     
  • At 8:58 AM, Blogger urbanknitrix said…

    I love them both, but I WUV the green one, I like the suttle tones of the blues as well and it will look good at the beginning of spring.

     
  • At 12:41 PM, Blogger Elena said…

    The pattern has an organic feel which fits the green best, I think. Best of luch which ever colour you choose!!

     
  • At 1:29 PM, Blogger babette said…

    I sure couldn't decide. Why not do both???? LOL

     
  • At 2:03 PM, Blogger Jenn said…

    I am totally loving both of those colors!

    My first instict is to say the green, but you could not go wrong with the lavender...

     
  • At 3:28 PM, Blogger Terri Lynn said…

    Wow, of coursse I love the green(my fav color to wear), but I always choose the color I can get the most wear out of with other articles of clothing. Either will be gorgeous. What color do you feel best wearing, would also be a strong consideration for me.

     
  • At 11:24 PM, Blogger indigo warrior said…

    I knit mine in the 404. It's wonderful and goes with everything in my wardrobe. I vote for the purple. You'll have a wonderfully dense scarf when you are finished.

     
  • At 1:46 AM, Blogger Robin said…

    I would do the green, since as you said, it seems to "pop" more.
    BTW, the link you posted doesn't work for me, I figured it should be http://www.xanga.com/softstarsong instead? (because I tried it and it works :-)

     
  • At 10:08 AM, Blogger Sami said…

    I vote for the green.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home