Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Monday, February 12, 2007

I loved my lady........but she left me!

Sorry about the stinky picture. I finished up the lady Eleanor fringe I posted a few days ago last night. I kept the fringe a bit shorter than called for, I like it better. I wound her around my neck and immediately started itching, had a headache and my eyes turned red (it was very unpleasant). So I guess I'm sending her off to my stepmother for her birthday which is, coincidentally, this saturday. I guess it was meant to be, it's going to be so painful to part with, it was going to be my first finished project I kept.


Was it the mohair? Any suggestions of another yarn? I really loved the way the Noro Silk Garden #88 knit up and the colors.

Labels:

8 Comments:

  • At 8:32 AM, Blogger tejiendo said…

    I'm so sorry you can't keep your Laddy. I'm sure your stepmother will really appreciate it.

    I knit mine in Patons SWS. Just wool and soy in the contents.

     
  • At 9:07 AM, Blogger Cabbage said…

    That sounds like an allergy to me!

     
  • At 1:36 PM, Blogger Terri Lynn said…

    Did you try washing it with some Eucalan. I personaly use palmolive aromatherapy(the purple one with lavendar and ylang ylang and then put 2-3 drops of "Now Vitimins" eucalyptus oil, rinse, towel blot by roling it up gently in a large cotton towel, and then block to air dry over nite. Nice stress reliever too!

     
  • At 12:32 PM, Blogger Briana E. said…

    Would that washing really help?!

    Oh no, I sent it off this morning! I am tempted though to knit up another just like it. Especially if washing it would help. I did have a red face and scratchy eyes each time I picked it up to knit. I was thinking of knitting another up with the Kureyon, just the wool. I miss her already.

     
  • At 8:49 AM, Blogger Stephanie said…

    have you had problems knitting in wool before? if I were you, if I knit it again I would probably steer clear of most of the fibers in the yarn previously used, or test to see what it really is. sorry that happened though, after all that work! but now you can make one even better ;)

     
  • At 9:48 AM, Blogger gretchen said…

    that's such a beautiful color! I confess that I never considered it because it's so light, but it came out beautfully.

    you could also try SWTC Karaoke - also soy and wool and some nice colors.

     
  • At 4:03 PM, Blogger Terri Lynn said…

    Sometimes washing can help, just like with anythng "new" - it needs to be washed before worn. I know you can get eczema from not washing first. But other stuff in the "air" and what the general processing does not always remove (or applies) that one may be allergic to, washing may or may not work, but is certainly worth a try.

     
  • At 12:20 PM, Blogger knititch said…

    it is most likely the mohair. but would sound even more reasonable had it been angora. your stepmother will love it and sometimes it is very rewarding to let go of your knittings.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home