Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Saturday, February 03, 2007

Backyard Leaves Scarf

Yarn: Galway Irish Worsted Knitting Wool, 2 balls

While the scarf came out just fine, I think this wool was a bit too stiff (and a bit too scratchy for my liking). If knit again, I'd use merino wool as the pattern calls for.

Starting the scarf was tricky, but after the first repeat you'll be sailing.

I finished it by steam blocking it with a damp towel. You can see a comparison of the blocked and unblocked halves here.

I'm planning on doing Forbes Forest for my next Scarf Style project.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 10:58 AM, Blogger Giantsknitter said…

    Kelly, this is absolutely beautiful. I really need to restart mine! Thanks for the great blocking tips.

     
  • At 10:08 AM, Blogger Briana E. said…

    So pretty! I'm getting ready to block mine and wanted to be extra careful doing it. Thanks!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home