Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Wednesday, January 17, 2007


Forbes Forest Scarf
Classic Elite Inca Alpaca
Color 1155
Size 4 Clover Needles
Knit on and off over 5 month period in 2005
Once I "got" the stitch pattern it was fun. Alpaca was very soft to knit with. I was a bit concerned it might be scratchy, but after soaking in warm water and drying, it became even softer. Recipient reports it is comfortable.

7 Comments:

  • At 10:05 AM, Blogger PaulaRed said…

    Oops--knit is 2006, not 2005!

     
  • At 4:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wonderful! Great yarn and colour.

     
  • At 12:00 AM, Blogger Sheila said…

    I love the color. So glad to hear your alpaca got even softer after washing. I love alpaca. That yarn had good stitch definition.

     
  • At 11:55 PM, Blogger PaulaRed said…

    Sheila
    I almost gave up early on because it looked like the stitch definition was going to be really poor. It took more than a few repeats to convince myself it was going to be worth it to do this scarf in alpaca. An alpaca forbes forest on the "stitch ya neck out" web site kept me going: http://stitchyaneckout.
    blogspot.com/2005/11/
    forbes-forest-fini.html

    PaulaRed

     
  • At 10:21 AM, Blogger Persnickety Knitter said…

    That's a great color. The stitch definition doesn't seem to be too soft (at least in the picture). It's lovely.

     
  • At 10:46 AM, Blogger urbanknitrix said…

    This is so gorgeous. yet again, i have the yarn but is procrastinating because I am scared. Did you find it hard to start? I love the color as well.

     
  • At 11:54 PM, Blogger PaulaRed said…

    urbanknitrix

    I have to confess, it was really slow going for me for about the first half of the scarf. I almost despaired of finishing it because I couldn't memorize the pattern, despite several blogs I read that claimed it was "easy" to do so (!!!). I kept making mistakes and having to rip stuff out.
    At some point though, it magically became easier, and even kind of fun. I had promised it to my son, who is now using it in minus 15 degree weather, and claims it helps, so I'm happy I finished it after all.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home