Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Monday, January 22, 2007

Vintage Velvet


I paid attention this time, didn't walk away from the washer, and 10 minutes seemed to be the charm (might even go for 8 next time around). The terracotta color looked even more beautiful (less orangey) felted and my sister seemed to love it. Here she is, modelling and holding up her Lorna's Laces socks.
--Hillary

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 3:28 PM, Blogger knitbysue said…

    It looks great. What a generous gift. I'm glad the felting went OK this time.
    I just finished my VV. I didn't think it would ever dry after felting my only regret is that it is kind of short - I used 5 balls. Wish I would have used 6.

     
  • At 10:03 PM, Blogger Terri Lynn said…

    The color you chose is lovely and it looks very nice on the recepient. How many skeins did you use and what size of gal are we looking at? I am anxious to make one, but haven't decided about length, I am a large, so I and I like my scarfs long, so they wrap around once and tie over nice. Sound like six balls may be the way to go?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home