Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Monday, January 22, 2007

Finished Wandering Aran Fields

Hi, I finished up my Wandering Aran Fields capelet this past week.
I used about 3 1/2 skeins of Cascade 220 in color #2401 burgandy. The cables show up pretty well with this yarn. This was my first time using Cascade 220. I enjoyed working the cable section. The 9 inches of ribbing for the collar is a lot of ribbing to knit if you know what I mean but it looks nice now that it's done. I'm pretty happy with the way this turned out.

Labels:

5 Comments:

  • At 12:34 AM, Blogger Sheila said…

    Beautiful! Great color. Great cable definition! Good job.

     
  • At 1:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    really lovely !

     
  • At 11:41 PM, Blogger NBenedick said…

    I'm knitting this as well and am wondering why in the directions it doesn't state how to connect the 'bands' to the 'capelet' portion - I am kind of experienced so I hate to ask but did you just knit the bands seperately, connect them and THEN knit the collar portion? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

     
  • At 1:31 AM, Blogger nightowl said…

    Yeah, I knitted them separately then kept the stitches on holders and then at the collar I knitted across the one band, across the top edge of the cape, then across the other band to connect them all, then continued on with the ribbing for the collar. Then I stitched the long sides of the bands along the side edges of the capelet. It doesn't spell this out in the pattern, but that's what I did.

     
  • At 4:02 PM, Blogger toni said…

    Nicole-Check Interweave press corrections section on their website. There are directions for connecting the bands.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home