Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Misty Garden - The 2nd Try

I posted many months ago about my Misty Garden Scarf that I was knitting in mohair. However, mohair and I have discovered that we do not get along. I still wanted to knit the pattern, so I worked Misty Garden in some Angora I just happened to have in my stash, and knit up my own version. I love the simplicity of the Feather and Fan stitch. It was a quick and easy knit, and yet looks so beautiful.


Pattern: Misty Garden, from Scarf Style
Yarn: Elsebeth Lavold Angora in Turquoise, 60% Angora, 20% Wool, 91 yds, 3 skeins
Needles: US Size 9 24 inch Addi Turbo
Started: 12/27/06
Finished: 1/3/07
Finished Measurements: 45 inches long, 7 1/4 inches wide

See more on my blog!

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 11:52 PM, Blogger Kelly said…

    I really like that!

     
  • At 6:19 AM, Blogger Bets said…

    Looks lovely! Same thing happened to me with some mohair and Misty Garden. Used the mohair for a basketweave scarf instead & it was much happier!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home