Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Sunday, December 31, 2006

Another Lady E

Well, I have joined the ranks of Lady Eleanor knitters and am about 35% of the way through. I love the pattern - very rhythmic and calming, and easy to remember (except for the side triangles at least). My only complaint is with the yarn - I'm using Noro Silk Garden (colorway 246) , and while the colors are gorgeous the yarn is unevenly spun. Some parts are over spun and some aren't spun at all. This sort of thing doesn't normally bother me a whole lot, but considering that there are a lot of seams where stitches are picked up, it's a bit annoying, as some spots look wonky. But, overall I like what I've got so far. I have a few pictures of progress posted on flickr if anyone is interested.

I also completed a version of Braided Mischief over the summer. It was intended as a Christmas gift, and the recipient just loves it. :) I worked that up in two balls of Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran, which gave the scarf a lovely texture and softness.

Labels:

4 Comments:

  • At 1:37 PM, Blogger Amber said…

    Wow! Your three balls have gotten you a lot farther along than my three balls have...but then, now I think of it, I may have only just started with the third.

    The excessive thin-thick drives me nuts too, but I still love the finished products made from it. :)

     
  • At 10:06 AM, Blogger Janina the Mom Beast said…

    Hello. I am nearly done ball 10 in Silk Garden on my Lady E. The thick and thin of this yarn drives me nuts too, but it is so beautiful!
    Do you know how to spit splice? On the places of the yarn where it is excessively thick and un-spun, I lightly felt that section in my hands (as you would a spit splice) and continue knitting. This makes the yarn more cohesive and less chunky in those spots. For the ultra-fine over-spun spots, I have no solution, other than to tug hard on the yarn before knitting, just to reassure myself it will not break. Both mohair and silk are very strong fibers, and since mohair really clings to itself, I imagine the stole will hang together in the wearing just fine.

     
  • At 1:53 PM, Blogger knitbysue said…

    I hear you. That's my complaint about the Noro yarns I've tried too. That, and the occasional knot. Noro's colors are beautiful but their yarn is just too expensive for quality problems they seem to have.
    Your Lady E will look great, though. Blocking cures a lot.

     
  • At 2:40 PM, Blogger Terri Lynn said…

    I haven't knit LE but yours truly inspires me and I have been searching for the perfect greens to do it in. And the bm, I have some same debbie bliss I'll have to use, you have soe really great stuff on your flickr. Later, Terri Lynn

     

Post a Comment

<< Home