Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Sunday, December 24, 2006

Backyard Leaves for Carey



Hi! I made a Backyard Leaves scarf for my sister for Christmas. I made it out of Alpaca with a Twist, 100% alpaca. It is nice and soft, and I was pleased that it turned out so nicely, especially after blocking.

My only "complaint" is that the chart set up row never actually says it is a wrong side row, you have to use your detective skills to figure it out. I banged my head against a wall a few times until I figured that out. After that, it was a pretty straightforward knit, challenging enough to keep me entertained but not so much I would forget where I was.

This was the first time I had knit from a chart, and I was happy with the results. More photos on my blog.

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • At 1:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What a wonderfull gift :-)
    Greetings
    Angelika

     
  • At 8:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow what a beautiful Scraf! Great job!

     
  • At 11:54 AM, Blogger Kelly said…

    Thanks for the tip. I was struggling with starting this scarf too.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home