Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Sunday, December 24, 2006

Backyard Leaves for Carey



Hi! I made a Backyard Leaves scarf for my sister for Christmas. I made it out of Alpaca with a Twist, 100% alpaca. It is nice and soft, and I was pleased that it turned out so nicely, especially after blocking.

My only "complaint" is that the chart set up row never actually says it is a wrong side row, you have to use your detective skills to figure it out. I banged my head against a wall a few times until I figured that out. After that, it was a pretty straightforward knit, challenging enough to keep me entertained but not so much I would forget where I was.

This was the first time I had knit from a chart, and I was happy with the results. More photos on my blog.

Labels:

4 Comments:

  • At 1:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What a wonderfull gift :-)
    Greetings
    Angelika

     
  • At 5:26 PM, Blogger Lori said…

    If the word "setup" or the row number is on the left side of the chart (as is the case with this pattern), that usually means the row is to be worked as a wrong-side row and read from left to right.

    What a lucky sister - the scarf is gorgeous! Did she like it?

     
  • At 8:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow what a beautiful Scraf! Great job!

     
  • At 11:54 AM, Blogger Kelly said…

    Thanks for the tip. I was struggling with starting this scarf too.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home