Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Thursday, August 17, 2006

My Lesson in Mohair

Hello! I am new to this KAL, but am so anxious to get moving on the projects! I never imagined I could get so excited about scarves and wraps; I absolutely love this book. Every pattern is so beautiful. I am starting with Misty Garden.

I bought the mohair on a whim at my LYS a while back, and just waited until the right pattern came along. Misty Garden is my first experience with a lace pattern, as well as my first experience with mohair. I am still up in the air about the mohair. It looks fantastic, but I feel like I am knitting it at a snail's pace. However, it may just be that I knit everything at a snail's pace!

For my second project, I plan to knit Backyard Leaves in Classic Elite Lush. My friend Lynn asked for a "black scarf" for Christmas. Little does she know that I plan to learn how to read a chart for the first time with her "black scarf" pattern!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home