Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Friday, December 29, 2006

Finished Shetland Triangle

I finished my Shetland Triangle. I'm happy with how it turned out. I used Elsebeth Lavold Silky Wool in color #10 on size 8 needles. It took 10 days to knit. I used straight needles until the 9th repeat of the body section because I'm not that fond of my circular needles and I added an extra (for 9 total) body repeat. I skipped the last (purl) row of the edging chart and the last pattern row because I didn't want the points along the edge. It's about 64 inches wide along the top edge and 26 inches from top edge to bottom point. I have a little longer write up and another photo on my blog.

Labels:

5 Comments:

  • At 7:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    10 days ?!? When do you sleep :-)
    It´s really beautiful !

     
  • At 11:33 AM, Blogger nightowl said…

    I just did some almost each day. I had a Christmas deadline to meet with it. :)

     
  • At 8:57 AM, Blogger Bufanditas said…

    Pretty shawl in a pretty color. Something like this takes me several weeks to finish.

     
  • At 10:07 PM, Blogger Tala said…

    How many skeins did you use? I have some silky wool burning a hole in my stash!

    Thanks!

     
  • At 11:48 AM, Blogger nightowl said…

    I used two skeins of the Silky Wool.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home