Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Ene's Scarf - CHART 3 Problems

Thanks for your help in my last post. I have another question...it's about Chart 3.

Let's see if I can explain my problem.....

Where I am:
Chart 3
Row 33 (starting from the right side)
I'm working from a photo-copy b/c I didn't think to bring my book with me on Christmas break, so I can't see if there are colors on the chart (for repeat sections, etc...)

What I did & What My Problem Is:
--> I took care of the first 8 stitches - no problem.
--> I knit the next block of stitches (up to the "center st"). (The base row of the pyramid.)
--> Now here's the problem. I'm not at the "center st" yet. I have 115 sts left before the center st (114 if you count the stitch I'm going to use for the double decrease for the center stitch).

Counting the chart, the base of the pyramid consumes 33 stitches. So, if I all need to do is repeat the bast over and over again until I hit the center stitch, then I still have a problem, because I'll only be able to finish 3 and a half repeats of the pyramid base before hitting that middle stitch.

Is that okay? I imagine I will need to gradually decrease, but I'm not sure if this is correct.

Thanks in advance for your help (again)....ooh...and...MERRY CHRISTMAS!

2 Comments:

  • At 10:03 AM, Blogger Julie said…

    Cristina,
    The chart does have a red box on it for repeated stitches. Go to the top of the chart, and come in 2 sts from each side of that row. Draw a line straight down on each side of the 6 sts in the middle. Those are your repeat. Same thing on the other side of the chart. The 6 sts in the middle of the section are the repeat sts. No repeats on chart 4. Sounds like you're making good progress.

     
  • At 1:21 AM, Blogger Cristina said…

    julie- thank you so much! i was able to pick my needles back up with not much delay...appreciate the help!

    Cristina
    http://stringtheory.typepad.com

     

Post a Comment

<< Home