Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Friday, November 24, 2006

Completed Lady Eleanor

Tada!!!



Finally get to show Lady Eleanor off in her completed stage. In her unblocked state Lady E measures 24"x60" and I think I'll keep her like that since the size fits me well. Using size 8 needles she took 10 1/2 skeins of Paton's SWS. I decided against the fringe since the yarn ends were felting together and began looking rather nappy.

Labels:

7 Comments:

  • At 12:34 PM, Blogger Vanessa said…

    Absolutely stunning!!

     
  • At 1:29 PM, Blogger Kathleen said…

    Looks really beautiful.

     
  • At 2:43 PM, Blogger Lyndsey-Jane said…

    I'm definetely gonna have to make myself one of those - It is gorgeous, and the colours are perfect for it. Well Done!

     
  • At 4:13 PM, Blogger blueadt said…

    Wow - I love the colours. I haven't fringed mine yet either as I'm not a tassle person & the beaded fringe would get caught up in my coat.

    Well done.

     
  • At 5:17 PM, Blogger Bufanditas said…

    Thanks everyone! I think SWS in Natural Earth would look very pretty as well.

     
  • At 12:06 AM, Blogger nightowl said…

    wow!!! - It's really beautiful! You did a great job on it. The colors are fantastic.

     
  • At 12:08 AM, Blogger Rose Red said…

    that is GORGEOUS! Can't wait to start mine (after Christmas...)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home