Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Tuesday, April 18, 2006




Shetland Triangle I and II

Mari`s post reminded me to finally upload pictures of the two Shetland Triangles I made a while ago. The blue one is knit with Knitpicks Shadow and needles size 4. I loved the pattern so much that I made another one for my grandmother, this time using Knitpics Alpaca Cloud in the Iris colorway and needles size 2. Both times, I made more pattern repeats and used about two skeins.

Anna

Labels:

4 Comments:

  • At 12:27 AM, Blogger KarenK said…

    Lovely shawls, both of them. Which of the yarns did you prefer to work with, the Shadow or the Alpaca Cloud?

     
  • At 9:29 AM, Blogger Susan (ZenKnit) said…

    Beautiful. Gotta put that one higher up on the list now.

     
  • At 12:17 PM, Blogger Kathleen said…

    Really gorgeous! Would love to have the confidence to knit something like that.

     
  • At 9:05 AM, Blogger Anna said…

    Thank You for all your lovely comments. I liked to work with the Shadow better. It knits faster, I could use stronger needles (size 4) and make fewer pattern repeats to get about the same size. The Alpaca Cloud is softer and feels heavenly. But with needles size 2 it was a slow project. It would be easier if I had bamboo circular needles but my LYS does not carry them in such a small size. And my Grandma`s birthday was coming rapidly so I did not want to wait. The pattern itself is not difficult. It was my first big lace project so be confident. I am sure your shawl will be gorgeous.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home