Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Monday, March 06, 2006

Hi everyone. This is my first post at this knit-a-long. I have been reading this site for awhile now, admiring the entrelac, and all the other beautiful creations.

I am making the turtleneck shrug and the ruffles scarf.

I always liked the pattern for the turtleneck shrug, but when I saw my friend Tanya's, I was sold.

Tanya's Turtleneck Shrug

She suggested I add a thumbhole to mine, which I did.

My turtle neck shrug in progress...

The yarn is Luxury Collection Baby Silk (baby alpaca and silk) and it is sooooo soft. I love love love it. I think it won't take me long to finish this puppy at all.


4 Comments:

  • At 5:21 PM, Blogger PutYourFlareOn said…

    The stripes on the sleeves is a nice touch to change things up. I really like that color.

     
  • At 4:54 PM, Blogger MissyJoon said…

    I would love to know what the pattern is for your stripe sequence as well as your thumb holes--would you share?

     
  • At 7:58 PM, Blogger Anne Elser said…

    Adding thumbholes is brilliant! I'm almost finished with mine - just made my sleeves shorter and so far it's fitting well.

     
  • At 10:00 PM, Blogger The Silent K said…

    I just made up the stripe pattern. I could write it out though, if you are interested. Let me know.

    As for the thumb hole, I just did a buttonhold where my thumb will be. I didn't want to make the thumbhole too big because I want to not use the thumbhole sometimes, and not have a big gaping hole there. This way if I am not using it the hole isn't very noticable.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home