Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Saturday, January 28, 2006

Misty Garden and Lady Eleanor (part 2)



Misty Garden is done!

I'm happy with the colors, very pretty I think. Though the picture (to me) looks like pink and purple, the yarn is actually a very nice mix of grey, peach, soft pink, and brighter pink. (Note: edited the image, I think this is closer to real life!) The yarn is Louisa Harding Kimono Angora in color #6. Size 7 bamboo circulars.

Here's a pic of my progress with Lady Eleanor, done in Noro Kureyon #150 on Addi Turbo size 10.5 (US):

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

  • At 2:31 PM, Blogger Marji said…

    Both are looking great Steph. The colors really worked out well in the Misty Garden. Was the angora as nice to work with as Clara thought on KR?

     
  • At 12:47 AM, Blogger Ina said…

    Love those great colors in Lady Eleanor.

     
  • At 10:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Your Lady Eleanor looks amazing. The colors are perfect.

     
  • At 7:04 PM, Blogger yuvee said…

    Hi there,
    I just bought 2 skeins of Kimono Angora in the exact same colourway, and thought Misty Garden would be the perfect pattern for it, your scarf proves me right! How many skeins did you use for it?

     
  • At 12:08 PM, Blogger Steph said…

    I liked the kimono angora but I think I like Anny Blatt Super angora better -- less splitting. I would use it again, though.

    I used 2 skeins for the scarf, just knitted til I was almost out of yarn and at a good stopping point!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home