Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Monday, January 09, 2006

Midwest Moonlight / Mr. Moonlight

Whenever I went to pick up the Midwest Moonlight I was working on the Beatles song, Mr. Moonlight had to be sung.

But sometimes instead of the "come again please" I would be singing, "go away please".

Now that it is blocking, I see that there are a few errors. But no biggie because it is black and will be worn on a black coat (my sister’s) and that is that. It is pretty though. Here is a pic of it blocking on one of those foam floor tile thingies so you can really see the lace squares.



I used KnitPicks fingering weight yarn, incredibly inexpensive Palette. Only $1.79 per ball, 231 yards/50 gr and used only 2 of the 3 I had purchased. That makes a great scarf for only $3.58!!!

Even though I had occassional fits with the black yarn, which was more than a bit splity, I am thinking I could make another whole scarf out of that one ball if I make it half as wide. I like skinny scarves but working on black yarn is kind of a pain. Best to start another project first and then see how I feel about it later.

Peace!
Susan (ZenKnit)

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 9:55 PM, Blogger Bobo said…

    Awesome scarf! I LOVE that pattern, in fact that's the first one I'm going to do and have Palette in Blush in my stash! What size needles did you use?

     
  • At 10:22 PM, Blogger Susan (ZenKnit) said…

    Bobo and anyone else that cares: I used US size 5s for this fingering weight yarn. I think it looks plenty lacy.

    I would probably use a size 6 for any other color in Palette though. For some reason most black yarns tend to be thinner than their other colored brothers and sisters. I know there is some logical reason for this - just escapes me at this moment.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home