Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Monday, January 09, 2006

Question for Backyard Leaves knitters

Hello all! I just finished the first 1/2 of Backyard Leaves, and I'm wondering: is there any reason why I couldn't just pick up the stitches for the second 1/2 from the first? That way I won't have to seam later and when I'm done-I'm done! Let me know if you think this would cause some problem.
Thanks!

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 4:37 PM, Blogger Cathi said…

    The only thing that I think might be hard is when you're casting on sts at the end of the rows, and making sure those are connected to the first half- but I'm sure you could work it out. Definitely post your results! :)

     
  • At 12:12 AM, Blogger Nic said…

    The only argument I would give against is no second half syndrome. I didnt like the idea of having to sew it together, however, I loved doing both halves at the same time. First, there were less chances for mistakes because you spend a longer time on a line doing it twice. I think it also went quicker because there was lest adjusting up the chart.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home