Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Monday, January 09, 2006

Question for Backyard Leaves knitters

Hello all! I just finished the first 1/2 of Backyard Leaves, and I'm wondering: is there any reason why I couldn't just pick up the stitches for the second 1/2 from the first? That way I won't have to seam later and when I'm done-I'm done! Let me know if you think this would cause some problem.
Thanks!

Labels:

4 Comments:

  • At 2:17 PM, Blogger Lori said…

    I don't see any reason why this wouldn't work. The only tricky bit is making sure that the right side of the knitting is on the same side of the piece for both halves.

    Give it a shot and let us know what you find out! :-)

     
  • At 4:37 PM, Blogger Cathi said…

    The only thing that I think might be hard is when you're casting on sts at the end of the rows, and making sure those are connected to the first half- but I'm sure you could work it out. Definitely post your results! :)

     
  • At 8:05 PM, Blogger Kate said…

    I've just finished this pattern and that's exactly what I did - I hate sewing so I just picked up the required number and started knitting - the seam was just as neat as if I had sewn it on and the good thing was I could compare the length as I went along.

     
  • At 12:12 AM, Blogger Polly said…

    The only argument I would give against is no second half syndrome. I didnt like the idea of having to sew it together, however, I loved doing both halves at the same time. First, there were less chances for mistakes because you spend a longer time on a line doing it twice. I think it also went quicker because there was lest adjusting up the chart.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home