Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Sunday, January 01, 2006

Beads of the Earth...

This simple scarf gets short changed... because of the poor choice in color and picture in the book, in my opinion. I made this scarf for a scarf exchange, and forgot to post about it here!




I used Arauncania's Nature Wool, in their worsted weight. I found the beads at a local bead shop. I blocked by steaming the edges.

The pattern doesn't specify, but if you decide to make this simple scarf, use a backwards e cast on so that you don't have extraneous yarn in your cast on edge.

Happy New Year to everyone!

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 6:18 PM, Blogger WandaWoman said…

    Until I saw you knitting this, I completely forgot about it in Scarf Style. Your scarf turned out beautifully!

     
  • At 5:30 AM, Blogger Kathleen said…

    I do like this one in the Scarf Style book, but it had never occured to me that a special cast on would be necessary. Thanks for that. Your scarf looks lovely.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home