Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Monday, October 03, 2005

Backyard leaves question

I tried to test out backyard leaves today and i am totally confused. Pardon my ignorance...I thought I was an intermediate knitter but perhaps not. My questions are:
1. Is the set up row a RS or WS row? does it matter. I assumed I worked the chart from right to left with the set up row and then continued on from there. Set up row and first two rows of chart are fine which brings me to question
2. at which end are the stitches cast on to row 3? Is it possible to cast on stitches at the beginning of a row? If not, how do I accomplish the 3 extra stitches at the other end of row 3? and for question
3. Am I a total dolt? Is it just too late for my brain to work? shoudl I just rake up the leaves and be done with it?

yeah...yeah...I know that is way more than 3 questions but I hoped I could squeeze them in with nobody noticing. :-)
Kim

Labels:

4 Comments:

  • At 10:17 PM, Blogger Kim said…

    Thanks Suzanna,
    I will give that a try tomorrow...I have frogged too many times tonight...
    I bought the prettiest Manos yarn in a varigated fall color. I am hoping to end up with something that looks like the fall leaves here in NY :-)
    Kim

     
  • At 4:33 PM, Blogger Michelle said…

    I had to read the pattern and the chart like 50 times before even casting on - this is not a mindless knit! So to echo Suzanna, yes, the setup row is a WS row, meaning that when you get to the end of Row 3 you keep going by casting on the stitches indicated. You're not a dolt!

    Once you get going it's much easier, so don't give up!

     
  • At 8:27 PM, Blogger Kim said…

    It worked! I must have been really tired yesterday. I cast on again and actually got to row 5...I am really moving along now. Now I need to cast on again with my real yarn and have a go at it.

     
  • At 8:45 AM, Blogger Claudia said…

    I started my backyard leaves just a few days ago. My additional challenge is first to translate the instruction into german, this was quite difficult but I succeded :-)
    I also started several times but now I´ve got it...
    See the progress on my blog www.myblog.de/himawari

     

Post a Comment

<< Home