Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Monday, September 26, 2005

Just joined!

Hi all! I just joined and I'm working on Vintage Velvet in this faboo chocolate brown color (not sure that it's the color called for in the patt.). It's so yummy! I'm working it on Bamboo straights as they seemed less slippery than working on Addi Turbo nickel circs, but now I feel like the bamboo draaags too much. I'm wondering which needles you all are working this on if you're using the Touch Me.

I'll post pics later. I've already had to froggit once because I bought Touch Me Due which has black and purple which seemed alright on the ball but when knit up you couldn't see the pattern AT ALL.

Fancy pattern, plain yarn: plain yarn, fancy pattern.

Glad to be here!
Jen in Chicago

P.S. I'm at wordswitsnwool.blogspot.com

3 Comments:

  • At 6:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm making that in the eggplant color of Touch Me. Isn't that the most lucious yarn! I'm working on bamboo needles, but I almost always do. I'm a bit partial to the bamboo.

     
  • At 10:13 AM, Blogger Chicago Jen said…

    Don't get me wrong; I love bamboo too, but I'm finding them to be a little odd with this yarn.... Oh yeah, and I had to froggit again last night. I always get lost in the middle of the 10 rows between the cable cross. So last night I picked up where i thought I was supposed to be and NOPE! Knit 6 rows, looked back at the pattern and realised that my ribbing had shifted and was now checks.[sigh] Since I can't seem to see the stitches well enough to un knit back to where I should be, RIPP! :(

    Ah well, I'm through a cable and on to cable two tonight. I stopped right before making cable cross two last night, so that's wher I'll pick up later.

    Jen

     
  • At 1:29 PM, Blogger Chef Messy said…

    I was really excited to find that my LYS actually had the yarn recommended--I wasn't planning on knitting it before, but after feeling the yarn, I might have to!

    Good luck on the project!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home