Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Friday, September 30, 2005

Finished Vintage Velvet

I've now finished my second scarf from this book. Here are some pics and details.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
It's not really as short as it looks. I just doubled it over to get it in the pic. It's actually over 80 inches long.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com


This was my first cable pattern. I went with a differnt yarn instead of what the pattern called for. I used Knitpicks Palette in Palette. I used four balls in total, but I double-stranded them. So obviously I didn't do the felting, or part felting called for in the pattern. I really liked this pattern and am thinking about making one for myself.

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At 2:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Very nice. I'm working on one of these too. I love seeing it in a different yarn than what's called for.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home