Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Fair Isle Jazz Progress

Well, here is my stalled progress on Fair Isle Jazz. I ended up ordering several different colors from One Fine Yarn, just hoping one of them would be the main color, which I ran out of. Just my luck, none of them were. But all is well...I am taking a piece into a LYS with a Cascade 220 color card this weekend, and hopefully then I can get the rest of my yarn! Can't wait to finish this!

The moral of the story: Save your tags!

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At 4:27 PM, Blogger Holly said…

    I ran out of cascade 220 with 2 inches to go on the last sleeve of a sweater. It was a discontinued color. I contacted every single yarn shop that I could find online that carried cascade 220. No one had it. The cascade rep who services my LYS tried to find it for me too. I never did find it. I ended up finishing the sweater in a similar color. I was using two strands of different colors so I guess it could have been worse since I still had the second color. Anyhow, it looks stupid but I'm going to wear it anyhow. It's a big bulky casual sweater. I now buy more yarn than I'll need for every project just to be safe.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home