Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Introduction

Hi Everyone! I'm a newbie knitter and just discovered & joined this KAL. There are so many wonderful projects in Scarf Style, I am trying to decide which one to begin. I'm leaning towards Midwest Moonlight and Ruffles.

Do you think Midwest Moonlight is too "feminine" for a man, even if I use a masculine color yarn?

2 Comments:

  • At 10:47 AM, Blogger Irie said…

    Maybe it depends on the yarn and on the man - my understanding is that midwest moonlight is a lace pattern, so you may not want to present it to a man saying, "here, I made you a lace scarf!"

    Oh, you didn't ask, but I'd say that ruffles is DEFINITELY not a manly scarf. Unless you knit it out of fake fur, for a man who likes to go clubbing. Haha. :)

     
  • At 4:30 PM, Blogger Chef Messy said…

    Well, my honest opinion is that it might be a bit feminine. But it depends on the guy.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home