Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Yarn suggestion for Ene?

Ene's scarf is next on my list and I wondered if anyone has suggestions for a yarn from Knit Picks? The pattern suggests a gauge of 11 stitches/2" which would be 5.5 stitches/inch. It calls for laceweight yarn but most of Knit Picks' DK weight list that gauge.

This will be my first lace project, so any suggestions are welcome
Kim

Labels:

4 Comments:

  • At 7:33 PM, Blogger Jessica said…

    The gauge stated in the pattern is creating knitting a laceweight yarn on a large needle. It's not a standard gauge for the yarn. I knit it using a fingering weight yarn instead of laceweight. I also bumped up the needle size. It gave me a more shawl-sized Ene instead of scarf-sized. I would suggest one of their fingering weight merino yarns.

     
  • At 8:29 PM, Blogger Kim said…

    Thanks Jessica, i will check out their fingering weight. If I recall they just came out with a whole line of fingering weight. Pallete? maybe

     
  • At 7:19 PM, Blogger KarenK said…

    If you do want to try a laceweight yarn from KnitPicks, I'd recommend "Shadow" - it works up beautifully, and is so soft. It is very fine, and has twice the yardage of "Palette," though, so if you're a beginning lace knitter, Palette might be easier to handle.

     
  • At 11:51 AM, Blogger Alison said…

    I made Ene in Knit Picks Alpaca Cloud with the recommended needle size. I love how it turned out, very airy and light, but I think the yarn they used was a little thicker. Shadow is a little bit thicker. I like both yarns and would recommend either. You might also look at some of the fingering/sock yarns. You can see Ene on my blog under finished objects.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home