Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Friday, September 16, 2005

Fair Isle Sad Story

Hi there!

I joined the Knit-Along a few weeks ago, but this is my first post. Just wanted to say hello! I’m currently working on Fair-Isle Jazz. I used Cascade 220 in, um, a bunch of colors. There is a sad story to go along with this yarn. I have the whole scarf nearly finished, down to the last striping section, and I just ran out of my main color. Only the thing is, like a dummy, I didn’t save the tags from my main color, so not only do I not know the dye lot, I don’t even know what color it is! And have you ever tried to pinpoint a color off the Cascade 220 website!? I just ordered 3 different skeins (the nearest yarn store to me is about an hour away) and I’m hoping that one of them will be the right one! But anyway, I’m really enjoying knitting this thing, even with the fair-isle and the yarn issues.

Have a great day!

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 11:55 AM, Blogger Jessica said…

    That's such a bummer to run out. If you can't match it online, you could send me a few inches of the yarn and I can compare it to a real color card.

     
  • At 10:19 PM, Blogger Chef Messy said…

    Aggghhh! They weren't! Dang Cascade 220---too many colors!

    It's all good though, I'm taking in my yarn to a store with a color card. All is well.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home