Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Sunday, September 25, 2005

Trouble with Ene's Scarf

I am in the middle of casting on for Ene's scarf for the third time! THe first time I missed a "pass stitch over" and couldn't ge the cast on row back on the needle when I tried to tink it back. This time I misunderstood the directions. The chart shows a section outlined in red and beneath that it says rep 11 times. Well, I thought that meant work that section once and then repeat 11 times for a total of 12. Guess what I found out when I got to the end of the row?? Yep, I didn't have enough stitches. So I went back and counted the stitches in the chart and figured out I should have 11 total not 12. In my mind you have to do something once before you can repeat it but I guess this is not the case in a chart. When directions are written out it will say something like *k1, p1, k1 p1* repeat from * to * 11 times which would mean work what is between the *'s once then 11 more times.

Well I am chalking it up to a learning experience because this is my firt try at lace. At least I am getting really good at the knitted on cast on!
Kim

3 Comments:

  • At 3:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sorry you're having a bit of trouble with Ene's scarf. Hopefully you'll be luckier with the next go - keep it up.

     
  • At 6:48 PM, Blogger cmeknit said…

    I had to cast on three times for it! But once you get on a roll...it is beautiful!

     
  • At 2:29 PM, Blogger Alison said…

    Please don't give up on it. Once you make it past the first couple of rows, it's nice and easy. It was my first knitted lace project as well and I am completely hooked on lace now.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home