Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Saturday, February 19, 2005

Twice!

Hi everyone,

Well, I finished my Backyard Leaves scarf from the book, and I love it! I have a question for all you Backyard Leaves knitters - do you think it's weird that without hesitation I wanted to make my scarf pink or red or rose? As far as I can tell, all of you made your BL scarves in green shades... I love this scarf and pattern so much, that I'm going to make another one for a friend! Do you think this one will be green? ;) Nope, it will be raspberry-colored! Here are the pictures:




That's me, sporting my new scarf


More details about yarn, finished size, blocking, etc., can be found on my website.

I'll keep you updated on the progress of my second Backyard Leaves.

Kathy, aka grumperina
my knitting webpage
my blog

6 Comments:

  • At 3:28 PM, Blogger CynCyn said…

    You must be a glutton for punishment. I'm enjoying my second half of backyard leaves MUCH more. My next project is to finish the blizzard shawl, then to do the ever famous clapotis!! I think finding a variegated yarn with autumn colors would be nice for this one. Combination of oranges, yellows, reds, greens and browns. Maybe a Noro yarn?

     
  • At 4:25 PM, Blogger cmeknit said…

    I love it! That is my next project but I'm doing it in chocolate brown...you know autumn leaves!?

     
  • At 4:51 PM, Blogger Jessica said…

    It looks great. I love the raspberry color. I made mine green because I had leftover yarn from another project. And I love green. :)

     
  • At 9:28 PM, Blogger grumperina said…

    I'm so happy to see that you girls are making it in non-green! Chocolate brown, pink, rose, raspberry, I dig it all!

    By the way, it's not that I have anything against green, other than it matches my skin and makes me look even more pale and sickly-looking than I already am :-P. Oh, and I love all colors in the "red" family. The choice was clear!

     
  • At 6:42 PM, Blogger Tipper said…

    I love the ends! I had no idea that the scarf did that, and that alone makes me want to knit it.

     
  • At 12:43 AM, Blogger kittybaroque said…

    LOVE this pink!! Was thinking to go green myself, leaves and all but i am at heart a pink girl...Now, well, I could do it in russetty orange for autumn leaves I guess thouch I could rebel and go PINK too* Congratulations on a gorgeous creation*

     

Post a Comment

<< Home