Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Friday, February 18, 2005

stripes and bobbles

My version of the Stripes and Bobbles scarf from Scarfstyle is finally complete. The stripes waited a very long time for the bobbles. I used Encore to make the two stripes in charcoal gray and one black. My CO, with a US9, was 8 for the gray stripes and 6 for the black. The bobbles were made with Rowan All Season Cotton in royal blue.

The directions for the knot, or bobble, are to wrap the yarn around a knitting needle or pencil six times on each side of the stripe. After several unattractive bobbles, I finally found a good method. Using one double pointed needle I did the six wraps on one side, left the dpn in place while using a second dpn to do the wraps on the other side. Once complete with yarn tied off, I pulled out both dpns. The result is what you see in the pictures. It hangs pretty and is warm - can't wait to wear my scarf!

Kathy's Knit Bits

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • At 3:32 AM, Blogger Sophie (Lille) said…

    Nice colors: I love brown and blue together. And when I made mine I improvised the bobbles too.

     
  • At 3:26 PM, Blogger CynCyn said…

    I LOVE it!! I think that I'll never ever have to buy another scarf for the rest of my life. I want this one too. How hard was it?

     
  • At 7:04 PM, Blogger katharine said…

    The stripes were very easy as they were thin and made an easy travel project. Once I got the hang of the bobbles, they were okay.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home