Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Thursday, November 18, 2004

Progress on the Mom Scarf

I had to put Ruffles aside for a bit to work on something more practical (Christmas gifts! Oh, and socks for me.)

And since I can't post this picture in my blog (she reads it), here's detail of the Debbie Bliss chevron scarf I'm making for my mom for Christmas:


When I measured it tonight, I'm at 27" done, and I've still got quite a bit of the first skein of the Encore. I think I'll end up making it 60" or to the end of the second skein, whichever seems best. It's quite wide in worsted weight, maybe 8 or 9 inches.

It doesn't show in the picture, but in the rest of the scarf the color seems to be pooling. The green on the edges and the purples/blues in the middle. In retrospect, I suppose I should have done the 2-rows-from-each-ball trick, but if she says anything, I'll call it a design feature. Wonder what ball #2 will do.

2 Comments:

  • At 9:17 PM, Blogger Tawana said…

    Is that an apple i see peeking out......lol Love the colors of the scarf.

     
  • At 11:56 PM, Blogger Jaimi said…

    But of course! My Powerbook models most of my knitting for me. My cat protests too much ;-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home