Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Wednesday, November 10, 2004

Play Misty For Me


misty
Originally uploaded by suzieq.

I'm finally starting my scarf. I was gonna try to do Backyard Leaves or Forbes Forest, but my brain cannot handle a chart right now. My attention span is too short....maybe after all the holiday madness! So it's Misty Garden for me. I couldn't find the Jo Sharp Mohair, so I'm going with this lovely Chimere By Anny Blatt.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 8:37 PM, Blogger Suzie said…

    I can't wait to start. There are actually so many scarves I want to try...In the midst of trying to plow through my gift knitting I figured I'd go for one that was relatively uncomplicated. I am looking forward to trying Leaves and Forest soon as I can after the New Year. I just love the way they look!

     
  • At 3:30 PM, Blogger Suzie said…

    I like it--but I it's definitely a different texture than the Mohair. I think the Jo Sharp yarn is smoother. One strand of this Anny Blatt is more boucle-like, so it's taken some getting used to--my needles kept getting stuck in the little loops. But I'm into a nice groove now--I'll post a pic when I have a few more inches done.

    S

     

Post a Comment

<< Home