Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Another Player Checking In

This is my first post here although I've left a few comments on others posts.

I'm presently working on Ruffles in a hand dyed merino from Textiles a Manos:



I am finding this a bit tedious to work on and am not sure I'll stick with it.

I'm also working on the Campus scarf in Mission Falls 1824 wool just as the pattern calls for:



I'm usually not a striped scarf kind of person but this one really appeals to me.

The scarf I really want to make is the Color on Color scarf. I may just break down and buy a few colors to start it this weekend. Like I need to start another project.

Anne in Colorado
whitestarsams.blogspot.com

3 Comments:

  • At 7:09 PM, Blogger Tipper said…

    Hello!
    I'm working on the Campus Scarf, too. Of course, after I finished I realized that THERE ARE A BILLION ENDS. How are you handling yours?

    I've woven in about a third of them and, luckily, it didn't take as long as I thought. I'm weaving duplicate-stitch style, since the yarn's so slippery.

     
  • At 12:04 AM, Blogger Anne said…

    I am weaving in the ends as I go after every few color changes. I'm not curtting the MC yarn at the point where you do the 2 row stripe of the CC, that helps a bit. And yes, I too am doing a duplicate stitch to weave the ends in.

     
  • At 10:28 AM, Blogger Tipper said…

    I'm glad you hadn't realized how to carry the yarn up or something, because then I'd look like a huge doof! :) I'm carrying it in that little bit where I can.

    I realized looking at your scarf that I'm doing mine *wrong*. Ha! I'm not doing two repeats of the pattern after the contrast stripe, just one. Oh, well. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home