Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

"Mini" Lady Eleanor

Hello All! Here is a progress picture of my "Mini" Lady Eleanor Stole. I don't have enough of this yarn, Patons SWS, to make the full size version so I casted on 24 vs 56 sts for a scarf size version. It's looking like it will be about 10in wide. That's a little wider than I prefer but, I will keep going since this is good practice and I want to make the full size stole with Silk Garden as soon as my wallet permits. I do have 3 skeins of Silk Garden #205 in my stash...I think I may try using it and cast on 16 sts. It should be around 6 - 7 in, judging by the width of this one and 3 skeins should be enough for a scarf this way.

7 Comments:

  • At 8:27 AM, Blogger maxine said…

    Lovely! I have 14 balls of Silk Garden Light that is waiting for Lady E as well as some Kuryeon that is being knit up at the width you are doing, but it will be felted into a steering wheel cover for an art car.

    Noro is a thing of beauty all around.

     
  • At 8:41 AM, Blogger Kate said…

    Beautiful! I am planning on making the same thing, same color for a Christmas gift. It's nice to see it worked up!

     
  • At 9:55 AM, Blogger Pheelya said…

    Beautiful colors!

     
  • At 4:41 PM, Blogger alexgirl said…

    That is so adorable! I love the colors you've chosen.

     
  • At 12:14 AM, Blogger Sandi said…

    I need this pattern. Can you point me in the right direction to order it?

     
  • At 6:45 AM, Blogger magnifiknitz said…

    Hi Sandi! This pattern is in the book "Scarf Style" by Pam Allen. It is a really fun knit!

     
  • At 9:08 PM, Blogger Terri Lynn said…

    I love SWS and made scarfs and hats for Christmas last year with the same pink/green and plum(yum yum)!

    I was waiting to see someone do this with Paton's SWS and was wondering how heavy it comes out? Tell us more as you get going on it!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home