Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Monday, April 02, 2007

Color on Color scarf!

I don't have any pictures, but wanted to give an update: I'm working on the final i-cords. I'm so close to the end I can taste it (I started in June of last year and had to take a lot of time off due to wrist pain).

When I first started on these i-cords, I really didn't want to do them. A friend suggested I just use a crochet hook and chain stitch cords, but they looked too flimsy for this massive scarf. So I cried, cursed, took a week off, then started on i-cords. They do look much better.

Once I finish those, I plan to wash, block and then line it with something as the back side looks terrible with all those woven in ends. If anyone has any suggestions for lining material, I'd love to hear it.

Once it is done, I plan to wear it for a day, just to give it a proper send off. Then I'll post pictures.

5 Comments:

  • At 10:35 PM, Blogger splatgirl said…

    As a fellow COC knitter, I completely feel your pain about the I-cords! I cursed them the entire time, but they really do make the scarf!
    The lining idea is brilliant. I may have to do that with mine now that you've suggested it. I absolutey detested weaving in all those ends.
    A really nice cotton velveteen is what came to mind first for me, or something else shiny and luxurious and soft...silk, maybe? A woven cashmere?
    What about a pieced lining in colors to match the yarn colors? That way it would be just as extravagant as the front side?

     
  • At 12:00 PM, Blogger Susan said…

    Those are some great ideas. Thanks! I'll let y'all know what I've picked.

    As for weaving in the ends----I've been doing that, too, but I still don't like how it looks. I love this scarf but will be glad to go back to projects where the yarn is over 30" long!!!

     
  • At 3:05 PM, Blogger Amber said…

    Ooo, pictures!

    I've been working on my COC for, I guess 4 months. I'm still stuck in the first Fair Isle section. It's really pretty, but so tedious! I've never done i-cords, so those scare me a bit. I love the idea to line it!

     
  • At 10:26 AM, Blogger Susan said…

    Amber----don't let the i-cords fool you. They can be quite fun. It sounds like you are making great progress.

    If you post your pictures,I'll post mine.....

     
  • At 10:58 AM, Blogger doulicia said…

    I can't wait to see it. It's the prettiest scarf in the book...but too daunting for me. So glad you tried it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home