Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Some COC Action

It occurred to me this afternoon - while I am trying to procrastinate on the three graduate projects I have due next week - that there was some "if you post your pics, I'll post mine" action in the comments a while back.

So, here's my pic of the Color on Color scarf!
Like I said before, I've been working on it forever - not steadily, though. I did all the regular parts in two days, and have spent the rest of the last several months working on the first fair isle section that is on the right in the photo. I can only do a row or two at a time; all the stranding is tedious. Despite what I might normally call garish color combinations, I really like this scarf. It may just end up as a wall decoration in my office, rather than an item of clothing.


Labels:

5 Comments:

  • At 5:55 PM, Blogger Tina - omme i London said…

    The Fair Isle section may be tedious to knit - but oh my goodness, it's BEAUTIFUL!

     
  • At 8:41 AM, Blogger maxine said…

    Absolutely stunning. I might be possessed to attempt this. After Lady E...or Ene...or...

     
  • At 9:44 AM, Blogger indigo warrior said…

    You know, there's a crazy part of me that wants to try this ... it's lovely.

     
  • At 11:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Just great, now I really DO have to make this!!!! Yours is gorgeous!

     
  • At 9:04 PM, Blogger Terri Lynn said…

    I have seen three of these made up here in the Denver metro area and they are stunning! I am so tempted to make one! Yours is beautiful and inspiring!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home