Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Sunday, April 08, 2007

Shetland Triangle in progress

IMG_4123

Progress: 65 rows of body pattern

Right now I'm thinking I bought way too much yarn for this project. The pattern called for about 550 yards of yarn. I bought 3 balls of Knitpicks gloss, each with 220 yards of yarn. I'm 65 rows into the body pattern and I'm still on my first ball-o-yarn. The pattern calls for 80 rows of the body pattern, and I'm almost certain I'll still be on my first ball then. Oh well, better too much yarn than too little, right?

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • At 1:29 PM, Blogger Pensguys said…

    That is looking nice!

    Is this your first shawl? I haven't knit a shawl yet, but I want to knit that one. Has it been pretty easy to do? I mostly knit socks.

     
  • At 3:01 PM, Blogger indigo warrior said…

    If it's a smaller guage yarn than the one the pattern uses, won't the shawl turn out smaller? And then to get the correct dimensions wouldn't you need to do more pattern repeats? Not criticizing, because it *is* lovely, I'm just not hip to what happens when guage is disregarded and caution thrown to the winds!

     
  • At 6:05 PM, Blogger Kathleen said…

    Just to let you know that I made mine a bit bigger than the suggested size and I still find it too small to be totally snuggly. In the suggested dimensions I think it quite a shawlette or shoulder shawl. I think you will be fine with your extra yarn, just do extra repeats of the pattern. By the way, by the time you get to the end of the shawl, one ball will not go such a long way, for example, my last ball only did one repeat and the edging lace whereas my first ball did lots of repeats over far fewer stitches of course.
    If you want a look at mine try


    http://kedkraftyfinishedobjects.blogspot.com/search?q=shetland+triangle


    if you like.
    (By the way pensguys IMHO it would make a great introduction to shawl knitting.)
    All the best, and it's looking good so far. Kathleen.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home