Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

A peek at my Shetland Triangle WIP


I'm using Sundara Silky Merino Aran yarn and it's a very pretty color (Thank you Brooklyntweed!). I do have a big problem with the consistency of the yarn though, it's flecked with white spots of fiber missing dye. I guess I can say it's on purpose. The yarn is so silky though, like buttah!

I did an extra repeat, nine in all, and I only have eight rows left to finish it and I RAN OUT OF YARN! Shoulda' known. Jeez. So I'm waiting for Sundara to dye me up another hank so I can finish it. It's torture, I LOVE LOVE LOVE this pattern and the yarn is perfect for it. It only took me five days to get so close to finishing it after figuring out the crochet cast-on and the over all structure of the shawl. I brought it to my wonderful LYS to ask how I was progressing, and he said that I was doing so well and that I didn't need to ask him for help anymore if I was knitting this up (I had no idea).

I'm going to start up an other one, I have plans for two more. One in Rowan Felted Tweed color #147, a really pretty green, I'm going to try a swatch of it, who knows, I may not like it. And then another one in the Silky Merino Aran, I may buy the yarn undyed this time and dye it myself.

So until the yarn gets here I'll jut enjoy the raspberry bumps of my unfinished Shetland Triangle. I hope you don't mind the long post, I'm just so excited about this scarf.

Labels:

4 Comments:

  • At 9:01 PM, Blogger Robin said…

    I love the long post, this KAl is so great for information and inspiration. In fact, I wish all posts were like this, instead of just "ta-da here's my latest project!"
    I had also read Brooklyn Tweeds blog about this project, and I thought the yarn choice was brilliant. Why can't I think of things like that?

     
  • At 11:11 PM, Blogger Emily said…

    Wow, that is beautiful! I love the yarn you chose, it's perfect for that scarf - hope the new batch matches!

     
  • At 2:26 PM, Blogger knitbysue said…

    I have some Kouigu KPPM black solid sock yarn that has flecks of no-dye too. I guess it's the nature of handpainted/handdyed yarn.
    Love your Shetland triangle. Sundara's yarn is great.
    I have some of Sundara's silk lace- weight in a black over violet somewhat solid. It will be a shawl someday but I'm not sure what pattern yet.

     
  • At 5:46 PM, Blogger Briana E. said…

    Thanks for the positive feedback!
    Like I said, I can't take credit for the yarn choice. Brooklyntweed had definitely opened my eyes up to the mindset of all different types of yarn being possible for different projects. I agree, why can't I think of things like that! That's why he's the expert. Sundara also makes some really beautiful color choices.
    OK, like Emily said, fingers crossed that the new yarn matches! Thank goodness it's just for the last few rows, if it doesn't match perfectly.
    Thanks again!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home