Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Saturday, April 14, 2007

I love the Shetland Triangle!




I finished the Shetland Triangle a couple of weeks ago. I'm not a shawl girl, but I really loved knitting it up, in fact I've already started another. The yarn is Sundara's Silky Merino Aran (I don't know what it is about this yarn that I can't get a good picture of it, it must be the silk in it), I like the yarn a lot, except for the fact that I have yet to wear the shawl and it is already getting fuzzy. I did one extra repeat and had to order one more skein after I ran out, which makes the shawl a two and a quarter skein project. I only had about seven rows left to knit up when I ran out. Bummer.

At the moment I'm knitting the second Shetland Triangle in Rowan Felted Tweed, it's looking like a great yarn, I'm really happy with how tweedy it is. My only concern is that there may be a lack of stitch definition, I'll knit a few repeats and check it out.

Thanks so much to everyone who helped me start off the shawl when I had questions!

Labels:

8 Comments:

  • At 11:28 AM, Blogger Angelikas quilts and knits said…

    Lovely colour :-)
    Happy knitting !
    Angelika

     
  • At 1:20 PM, Blogger Jersey Shore Deb said…

    Interesting to see that you did this using a heavier yarn than called for--I guess it doesn't really matter for a shawl. I have some variegated, 6sts/inch weight yarn that I've been thinking of using for this. I don't know if variegated makes sense, though--it might be too much with the intricate pattern. What do you think?

     
  • At 2:02 PM, Blogger Ellen Alexandra said…

    Beautiful! I love the color. This is another one that I plan on making someday...

     
  • At 2:06 PM, Blogger Pensguys said…

    That's BEAUTFIFUL! I love the color! Makes me want to knit with red! I just might do that for the next thing I knit.

     
  • At 6:21 PM, Blogger Kathleen said…

    When you first loaded these pictures I couldn't get them up on my screen. Well now I can and I must say the combination of the yarn, the colour and the pattern are just stunning.

     
  • At 1:02 PM, Blogger Carolina Lange said…

    So beautiful! Great color!

     
  • At 10:51 AM, Blogger whimsymoon said…

    Gorgeous! I love the color you chose!

     
  • At 7:37 PM, Blogger Tina - omme i London said…

    What a wonderful pattern and how well executed! I love shawls and am experimenting with a bit of lace knitting at the moment. I love it!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home