Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Monday, May 07, 2007

Here and There Cables


Hi all! Here is my finished scarf in Malabrigo kettle dyed yarn in color Sealing Wax. I don't know how the color appears on your monitor, but it is a warm, oxblood color in person. I did the scarf in 3 pattern repeats instead of 4 because it is for a man and because the yarn knits up very thick cables. The scarf is about 6 feet long. I think it is very comfortable!
I don't know if it was the pattern or the incredibly soft yarn that made this scarf such a joy to knit. I'm considering making another one, this time for me!

6 Comments:

  • At 11:45 PM, Blogger Pani Thuly said…

    I love it! Awesome!

     
  • At 10:18 PM, Blogger Robin said…

    Gorgeous! I hadn't thought about Malabrigo for this scarf; how perfect! How many skeins did it take?

     
  • At 12:42 AM, Blogger Susan (ZenKnit) said…

    Beautiful. I tried that one once, smaller like yours too but gave up because the cables with my yarn choice just didn't go. I love that color!

     
  • At 3:28 PM, Blogger Susan said…

    It looks beautiful! I'm working on this pattern myself and can't wait to see it finished.

    Good work!

     
  • At 1:44 AM, Blogger Emily said…

    Ooh, that would be a perfect use for the random Malabrigo in my stash! How many skeins did you use?

     
  • At 6:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sorry for not checking back in so long! I used 3 skeins of Malabrigo to get a 6 ft scarf.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home