Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Thursday, March 15, 2007

Can someone help explain Wandering Aran Fields to me?

Ok, I understand the main body piece. I'm ok with knitting the edges for the buttons and button holes and then connecting that onto the main body along the collar. But when are the button bands ever attached down the front of the body? It seems as though they are only connected along the neck in the directions.

Thanks!

Labels:

4 Comments:

  • At 10:48 PM, Blogger Tipper said…

    They're seamed to the edges of the body at the same time you seam them to the neck.

     
  • At 6:43 AM, Blogger Kate said…

    But you never seam the neck - you just put them all on the needle and start making the collar. I know I'm going to have to seam them, I just wish the pattern would mention when or how.

     
  • At 6:41 AM, Blogger Kate said…

    Ok, so at least I'm not crazy and I haven't lost my reading comprehension skills! Thanks!

     
  • At 12:04 AM, Blogger Tipper said…

    It's been so long I forgot that part!

    Just use a regular mattress stitch and it'll look perfect.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home