Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Come to Me, My Sweet Lady E!




Lady Eleanor is finished, and I am in love! This is destined to become one of my favorite shawls. It was a pleasure to knit. The pattern is much more well written than other entrelac patterns I have seen, and I was in heaven, using all of my favorite colors.


Pattern: Lady Eleanor by Kathleen Power Johnson

Yarn: Silk Garden by Noro, 12 skeins, colors 244 and 249

Needles: KnitPicks Options size 8 circular, 32-inch

Dimensions: Length - 74-1/2 inches

Width - 24 inches

Modifications: Used a crochet edging on the short ends instead of fringe


More details and pictures are on my blog: http://mymerinomantra.typepad.com

Labels:

9 Comments:

  • At 1:25 PM, Blogger Terri Lynn said…

    Trish, this is simply gorgeous. I love the colorway of two noros and your site really does it justice. Glad you posted many pics of it. Well done.

     
  • At 5:07 PM, Blogger ofthesun1 said…

    It's just beautiful, and what great pics! The Noro blocks like a dream - and softens up significantly - doesn't it?

    Very. Well. Done.

     
  • At 7:31 PM, Blogger Lora said…

    That is beautiful!! I am still plugging away on mine!

     
  • At 10:49 PM, Blogger Tipper said…

    That's a fantastic picture!

     
  • At 9:12 AM, Blogger Bufanditas said…

    Lady E came out wonderful!! Your color choices are great.

     
  • At 11:53 PM, Blogger Pani Thuly said…

    I love your Lady E, looks beautiful, excellent choices of color and I love your kitty. Great artwork (I mean both the stole and the pic)

     
  • At 4:02 PM, Blogger Susanne said…

    Well, you did a very good job. I like your colour-choice very much - the colours are so naturally and your fringe is wonderful, too.
    Thanks for sharing this wonderful picture.

     
  • At 8:38 AM, Blogger Austysmum said…

    Stunning! Great work - very inspiring. The cat is pretty special too (I have a soft spot for grey kitties!)

     
  • At 8:52 AM, Blogger Rhonda the Stitchingnut said…

    Gorgeous!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home