Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Sunday, March 11, 2007

Newest Member of the Divine Lady Eleanor Ya-Ya Sisterhood!


I finished the knotted fringe Friday night; my Lady E took about 9-1/2 weeks from start to finish. I have to say, the completion of this project makes me feel like a True Knitter, not just someone who knits - and my beau no longer questions me lugging around my ever-present bright-red knitting bag.

Quick specs: 12 balls of Noro Silk Garden #86, size 10 needles (I have about 32 inches of yarn left after cutting a few extra fringes to use it up). I knit considerably more rows than the pattern called for to get to about 64-65" length, which after immersion cold-water blocking (NSG blocks wonderfully, by the way) relaxed to 72" inches. I also added an extra rectangle, so instead of casting on 56 stitches or seven 8-stitch blocks, I had eight 8-stitch blocks (I hate shawls that don't cover my bottom :). Also, I increased the fringe strip count to 60 to correspond to the extra rectangle.

It's pretty much already summer in SoCal right now (it was 80 degrees when I took the pic this morning), so I only have a few more evenings to wear it. Next up: Ene's Shawl!!!

Labels:

8 Comments:

  • At 7:39 PM, Blogger whimsymoon said…

    So lovely! I really like the colorway you used.
    I know what you mean about feeling like a "real knitter." I am working on Ene's shawl from the book and it is the first time that I feel like I can answer the question "are you a knitter" with something more than an "uh, sort of"!!! What color are you using for the Ene shawl?
    Thanks for sharing....it's beautiful!
    Angela

     
  • At 11:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This comment has been removed by the author.

     
  • At 11:31 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    That's gorgeous! It makes me want to make another one! (Accidentally had signed in under my DH's Blog and it looked like HE left this comment. We had a good chuckle, but I deleted the comment with his name, and signed in under my name. Ah...the mysteries of Blogland!) Anyway, great work. You definitely are "a knitter!"

     
  • At 4:20 AM, Blogger Cristina said…

    its awesome. and the colors remind me a new england fall.

     
  • At 8:02 PM, Blogger Terri Lynn said…

    I really love the colors. Fantastic choice. I am still having a hard time deciding one to choose. Great Job!

     
  • At 11:23 PM, Blogger Robin said…

    LOOOOOOVE IT!!
    Welcome to the Lady E club!
    Love the color, just gorgeous, and to think you even made it bigger than the pattern called for...
    Fabulous!

     
  • At 10:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Love the colors of your shawl. It's beautiful! And just look at that green grass! It may be hot in SoCal right now, but you will use Lady E someday.

     
  • At 9:38 AM, Blogger Bets said…

    When I have the time to start a Lady E, I will choose something like this colorway - just beautiful, congratulations!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home