Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Monday, February 26, 2007

Um, Wensleydale IS dense, isn't it?



This is my second post on the GSW I'm knitting with Wensleydale. Yeah, they weren't a-kidding in the Halcyon catalog when they said it made a dense yarn....I already divided up the skeins for each triangle, and ran out on the first after the five skeins set aside, so I know I won't have enough for any of them. I've ordered another pound of the roving, and may need more; this will be the heaviest cloak in the world, but it'll be glorious. I'll just dye the remaining yarn purple and it'll go fine; meanwhile, I can knit each of the triangles as far as my current yarn will go, and spin and dye the roving when I get it. Thank God for my KnitPicks Options set!


Here are pics of Triangle 1 in stasis, and my progress on Triangle 2.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home