Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Another Lady Eleonore

Hello everybody, I promised to show you my version of Lady Eleonore - here it is.
I used the yarn "Scala" from Junghans-Wolle, a blend of mohair and artificial fibres which is an unexpensive alternative to the Noro-Versions. The shawl is very light (650 gramms) and cosy. It measures about 1,90 m long and 55 cm wide (without tassels). My finishing is a little bit different to the pattern because I didn't want an even border with thin fringes - I wanted rectangles from the right beginning and up to the end and tassels. Here are some details:


It was a real pleasure to knit this pattern. I was addicted to knit one more rectangle, just one more, another one ...

But one thing made me a little bit nervous and that was the permanent turning when I had reached about 50 cm of the shawl-length. So I tried to knit back and forth from the right side of the shawl and it worked! That was great and made the knitting really comfortable.

If you want to have more instructions about knitting Lady E. without turning, come and have a look into my blog. I look forward to your comments.

Happy knitting and many greetings from Germany
Susanne

Labels:

6 Comments:

  • At 8:31 AM, Blogger urbanknitrix said…

    WOW!!! BEAUTIFUL!!! Susanne, you did a wonderful job. I love the colors and the modifications looks great as well. It looks like it was meant to end this way.

    Again, kudos!!

     
  • At 8:40 AM, Blogger Julie said…

    I love the way you've done the ends! I wish I'd thought of that -- I was thinking along the same lines, but hadn't started mine with the points, so I just modified the fringe to make it thicker.

     
  • At 1:17 PM, Blogger Vanessa said…

    LOVE the colors!! Absolutely stunning. IT looks so soft and cozy!

     
  • At 11:31 PM, Blogger Lindsey said…

    i am in LOVE with this shawl...the colors, the yarn, the modifications...it is beautiful! do you know if that yarn is available in the us? i want that yarn! please help me find it here!

     
  • At 3:59 AM, Blogger Susanne said…

    Hello Lindsey,

    I don't know really if the yarn is available in the US. Here is a link to where I get the yarn from, maybe you can contact them to ask if shipping in the US is possible:

    http://www.junghanswolle.de/shop/SID_TGAtx8ECUE6K5jgFwCbSMLp4PPqJ/F=produkt_formular/P=01_D_HPN220418/SUCHTEXT=scala/SUCHTEXT_EINGABE=scala/ID_SEITE=1/MODUS_SEITENANSICHT=/LINKTRACKER=volltextsuche

    I used the colour "Türkis" but all the others are beautiful, too.

    I wish you good luck.
    Susanne

     
  • At 11:04 AM, Blogger laprincessa said…

    I'd very much love to knit this scarf -- where can I find the pattern and your alterations to it? It's JUST gorgeous! Thanks, lisa

     

Post a Comment

<< Home