Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Monday, November 13, 2006

Hi Everyone!!

I'm happy to be part of this KAL since ScarfStyle has many, many great projects I'd like to try. I purchased the book a couple of months ago after it became obvious that it needed to be part of my library since I was constantly checking out and renewing the copy from our public library. To say the least, it is one of my favorite books and right up my alley since one piece knitting is what I do best.

My latest and greatest has been Lady E and knitting her so far has been a treat. She is knit up in Patons SWS Natural Geranium and I increased the width by two squares. I am surprised at the number of compliments this Lady has gotten so far, that it was an additional incentive to keep clicking them needles. And the pattern is so easy anyone who can knit will have no problem knitting enterlac.

12 Comments:

  • At 1:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Its so gorgeous. I am working on my Lady E right now using Noro and I am so in love with this stole right now.

    When SWS first came out I would have used it to make Lady E but I had already bought the Noro for this project.

    And you are right, enterlac is very simple once you get hte hang of it and the right colorway will really motivate you to keep going.

     
  • At 3:02 PM, Blogger Jenn said…

    I *love* the colors! I'm knitting mine up in the Patons SWS in the Earth colorway and I'm quite enjoying it.

     
  • At 10:36 PM, Blogger Teresa said…

    Amazing! Congratulations on a beautiful job. I can't wait to start mine :)

     
  • At 9:04 AM, Blogger Monika said…

    I like this yarn too. Your Lady is beautiful, no wonder you get compliments!

     
  • At 10:12 AM, Blogger Jody said…

    I love how that yarn knits up in entrelac! Gorgeous!

     
  • At 2:32 PM, Blogger Giantsknitter said…

    Just beautiful! I used the exact same yarn, colorway and all, to make a Clapotis. It's super soft and squishy. If you want to see it mosey on over to http://giantsknitter.blogspot.com.

     
  • At 8:41 AM, Blogger Anne said…

    deja vu! I just finished my Lady Eleanor this week in the exact same yarn!

     
  • At 7:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    How many skeins of SWS does it take to do LE?

     
  • At 7:22 PM, Blogger Rebecca said…

    Every time I see that yarn in Michael's I want to knit something with it! Now I know what to knit. Your Lady E. is fabulous. I, too, would like to know how many skeins it took.

     
  • At 11:13 AM, Blogger Hannah said…

    Wow! What a beauty!

     
  • At 10:33 PM, Blogger Ellen Alexandra said…

    I have been dying to try that yarn. The colorway you chose is great for that project!

     
  • At 5:24 PM, Blogger Bufanditas said…

    Thank you everyone for the nice comments. Fyi: this Lady took up 10-1/2 skeins w/o fringe.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home