Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

another misty garden

Hi, I'm happy to be a part of this knit along. I bought the Scarf Style book in order to knit the Backyard Leaves scarf after seeing so many beautiful finished ones here, but then ended up making the Misty Garden scarf first. I used 3 skeins of artyarns supermerino color #115 and size 7 needles. It's about 6 1/2 inches wide and about 50 inches long. This was the first time I knitted something and didn't have to keep track of row count or stitch count or anything. That was very nice. I memorized the pattern after about the first repeat, and then just knit to the end of my three skeins with very little thought. I know the Backyard Leaves scarf will be the opposite in that keeping track of my place in the pattern will take a lot of attention. I just bought the Wrap Style book and now I can't decide if I will do the Backyard leaves scarf next, or the Wandering Aran Fields capelet next. I'm leaning towards doing the capelet next.

Labels:

5 Comments:

  • At 8:24 AM, Blogger Monika said…

    Wow, with this yarn, one can see the pattern very clearly. It's beautiful.

     
  • At 10:10 AM, Blogger gray la gran said…

    good yarn choice! i too like that the coloration is so subtle and that you can see the stitch pattern :)
    i'm suppose to be sewing today, but boy do i feel like diving into the stash to see what i can knit this scarf with!

     
  • At 4:51 PM, Blogger Eero said…

    OMG---that is a gorgeous pattern! I love the wave forms. I would love to try that out....good job on a beautiful piece of knitting!

     
  • At 11:39 PM, Blogger nightowl said…

    thanks for the nice comments everyone. :)

     
  • At 11:15 AM, Blogger Hannah said…

    Beautiful! Isn't that a lovely pattern!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home