Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Saturday, November 11, 2006

Interlocking balloons - one breath at a time


Although I picked out this pattern because of its lovely undulating pattern, I am a little disappointed in how hard it is to keep track of the pattern. I ditched the book and photocopied the pattern but I still need some underlining note to keep on track. Ick. Only about a zillion more repeats to go. But I do like the yarn - it's hand dyed alpaca and a soft seafoam green.

Labels:

7 Comments:

  • At 10:20 PM, Blogger Kelly said…

    I thought this pattern interesting too and I started it a few times to test it out. I ran into the same problem, but then I seem to run into that problem with most patterns! I'll get back to it one day. I'm glad to see someone here finally knitting.

     
  • At 3:21 AM, Blogger Rose Red said…

    I'm up to repeat 7 on mine - you'll get the hang of it! I use a magnetic board with a long straight magnet above the row I'm working on - it's really helped me!
    Good luck - it is a great colour!

     
  • At 7:05 AM, Blogger Helen said…

    I never managed to do lace until I gave in and bought a magnet board. I fiddled about with photocopies and post-it notes and black marker, but none of them worked. As soon as I got a magnet board, I did a Shetland Triangle without stopping. It helps if you blow up the photocopy too. I love the yarn you're using.

     
  • At 1:16 PM, Blogger Emily said…

    That yarn is beautiful! I second (third) the earlier comments about the magnetic board - it really helps and it's sort of motivational to keep moving the magnet up and down on the chart. It has saved me in every lace/cable project I've attempted...

     
  • At 4:22 PM, Blogger Lloer said…

    I'm on my last repeat of this pattern. It's only taken me a year to get this far :(

    (I did take a long break though)

    Anyway, I've highlighted every other row on the chart and that's helping me keep track.

    Keep knitting!

     
  • At 5:43 PM, Blogger Sandra Sallin said…

    I keep track of where I am in a pattern by using 3x5 cards on a ring. I keep each row on it's own card. When I finish with the row I flip the card. I keep an elastic band around the cards to keep my place.

    I photocopy and enlarge so that I can see easily.

     
  • At 12:27 AM, Blogger Ellen said…

    I've been crossing out row by row with a piece of paper "sticky noted" underneath with blue painters' tape. That's been easy to reposition but not as good as a magnetic board. My birthday is Sunday, guess what I'm asking for??!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home