Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Another (green) Backyard Leaves!

I've just finished my second project from Scarf Style, the Backyard Leaves scarf. Everyone and their mother/sister/aunt has made this scarf, and the reason is clear. It's an easy to follow pattern and produces a lovely scarf. This one is for my mother for Christmas. It was supposed to be for Christmas last year, but I only got about halfway through it and was frustrated because I wasn't doing my yarnovers properly. So, almost a year later I ripped out what I had and began again, and this time around I ended up with proper holes in my knitting. Add ImageThe scarf flew off the needles - I used almost exactly 4 skeins of Knit Picks Andean Silk (in leaf). In fact, I had to cut out one repeat of the second half of the scarf so I wouldn't run out of yarn. As others have noted, this scarf turns out quite long. It's deceptive in fact, because as you're knitting it doesn't seem that long at all, and then when you sew the pieces together and block it becomes enormous! I love it, and can't wait to make another one for myself, probably in deep red. I'm not sure what my next Scarf Style project will be...maybe Midwest Moonlight, but whatever it is it'll have to wait until after the holiday gift knitting is finished! Come say hello at my blog if you wish!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home